Registration Now Open!
We are now accepting registration for adult classes. Registration will close on December 20, 2021 and classes will begin on January 11, 12, 13, 2022.
Is it time to take your skills to another level? Do you want to get out of the shed and make some new friends? Feeling the need to dust off your instrument and get back in the game? Now is the time! YLJC is offering adult classes!
Standard tuition from adult classes will help keep the lights on, and we are offering giving levels if you would like so support us even further! Your generous gift will go directly to supporting scholarships for YLJC students! This is a serious win-win!
Adult Combos will consist of six or more students and are available to all skill levels—instrumentalists who are new to jazz, part-timers, or seasoned veterans. Class meetings will be in the evenings on either Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays (times TBD) and will follow the current class calendar. Classes will be taught by rotating instructors who will provide different perspectives and insights to each combo. Adult combos will perform live in public at least once as well as at the end-of-year All Ensembles Showcase.
Auditions: There will be no formal audition process. Instead, on the first day of class there will be an informal meet-and-greet followed by a jam session with instructors. Once the instructors have a feel for everyone’s playing ability, they will group adult students into combos.
ALL adult students must be fully vaccinated to participate
2021-22 Schedule at a Glance:
- June 11, 2021: Audition Requirements Posted to Website (1st Semester)
- July 18, 2021: Audition Videos Due
- August 1, 2021: THE SHAPE OF JAZZ TO COME - Annual Celebration & Fundraiser
- August 27, 2021: FIRST WEEKEND OF CLASSES
- September 10-13, 2021: NO CLASSES (Labor Day Weekend)
- November 20, 2021: Audition Requirements Posted to Website (2nd Semester)
- November 27, 2021: December 3, 2021: NO CLASSES (Thanksgiving Break)
- December 11, 2021: ALL ENSEMBLES RECITAL
- December 20, 2021 – Audition Videos Due (2nd Semester)
- December 25, 2021 – January 7, 2022: NO CLASSES (Winter Break)
- January 8, 2022 – First Day of Second Semester
- February 19 – 25, 2022: NO CLASSES (President's Weekend)
- April 16 – 22, 2022: NO CLASSES (Spring Break)
- May 14 – May 20, 2022: OPEN HOUSE WEEKEND
- May 28 – June 3, 2022: NO CLASSES (Memorial Day Weekend)
- June 4 - June 10, 2022: LAST WEEK OF CLASSES
- June 11, 2022 – ALL ENSEMBLES RECITAL