COVID-19 RESPONSE UPDATE
Young Lions Jazz Conservatory will closely review state and local recommendations to determine if it is safe to resume in-person classes when our session starts in August. We are hopeful that we will be able to do so and are working on steps to ensure the safety of our students and faculty. These include:
- Limiting ensemble sizes to ensure a small number of people are in the classroom at one time
- Reconfiguring the classroom to allow for social distancing
- Sanitizing the classroom and providing hand sanitizer for students and staff
We hope to provide more detailed information on how we will conduct 2020-21 classes by mid-July.
We Didn't Miss A Beat!
- March 21, 2020 – YLJC moved all of its classes online – we only missed one week of classes! Read More
- May 3, 2020 – We launched Jazz Explorations with Gilbert Castellanos, a weekly online series for our students and community. Each week there were discussions on a wide variety of jazz topics as well as master classes with world-renowned artists and special guest panelists. Watch some past Jazz Explorations.
- May 20,2020 – We announced our 2020 Summer Workshop – Online. Open to all ages, students can join from anywhere in the world. We have an amazing faculty lined up and different attendance options to suit every interest. We are also offering scholarships so everyone can join – sign up today!